Monday, July 11, 2011

Check in

It's been a while since I checked in with anything, so I figured 7/11 was as good a day as any to update all three of my followers with something mildly humorous (hopefully) less depressing.

Produced another 24 Hour Theatre event this weekend.  This is the third time I've put this event up at Theatre Tribe, but the first time I actually performed.  I directed in the first one (fucking scary), and I ran the show in the second, so I was differently excited this weekend. The part written for me was a hooker.  Surprise!  Or not.  When I told my director I had a lot of fun choosing potential wardrobe he said, "I thought you would."  And feedback from my Stuart, my artistic director and teacher, "You didn't get as nasty as you could have."  Hmm.  Go figure.

I had such a fun and exhausting weekend.  It was artistically draining, and I'm left with the thought that I need to obsess over art.

Life is interesting.  I feel like I'm only now discovering LA, which is lame.  But also exciting.  I went to Jumbo's Clown Room for the first time (with 5 girlfriends, no less).  Um.  AWESOME.  Why have I never been to that mecca before?  The next exciting place I plan to explore is the New Beverly Cinema.  Time to see some grindhouse on the big screen.

I have nothing else interesting to report at the moment.  I could tell you about how I'm getting back into yoga (I wonder if I could do a split by the end of the summer?) or about not eating gluten and trying to get really healthy (definitely not by living off Larabars) but I won't bore you.  Besides, if you ever hang out with me you've heard all about it anyway.

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment