Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Reading part 2

After reading all those fabulous books by awesome lady authors I ran out of women on my to read shelf by my bed.  So I looked at what I had:




I chose Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence (not pictured here).  I wanted something kind of sexy, and that still fired up the feminist in me, and nothing else there really fit the bill.

Boy was I in for a disappointment!  I have looked forward to reading this book for a while.  I take pride in being well-read.  Not just in quantity, but also in a variety of time periods and genres, so this seemed like a classic that must be attended to.  But frankly I kind of feel like I wasted my time.  Lawrence spends a lot of time showing how most people are not connected to their bodies, how they leave the physical out.  This is an idea I can get behind.  It's something I have struggled with in my acting, and I feel like it's true in a larger sense for many people.  Ironically though, I found myself skimming through the end of the book because I didn't care for all the chitchat and higher ideas being discussed in the book.  It was too heady; it didn't tug at my core-where I feel my soul.  Check out the link to read my review on Goodreads.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/186554294

No comments:

Post a Comment