Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Begging for it: An exercise in asking for what I want

"I think there's a jump some people have to make, sometimes, and if they don't do it, then they're stuck good... Some jumps you have to decide on for yourself.  Just figure there's something better waiting for you somewhere..."
                     - Count Zero, William Gibson


I've been thinking about the lesson I learned in asking the universe for a bike.  I voiced my desire for a bicycle out loud, on Facebook.  And then, having admitted and asked for what I wanted, I realized that there was someone specific who might be able to help me, and I voiced what I wanted to that person.  And surprise, he gave me a bike, and it was easier than I had thought it would ever be.

So I'm going to put it all out there right now:

I want to be a working actor.  I want a new agent, commercial and theatrical.  I want a manager.  I am not in the union, but I am a great actor, and I am confident in my ability.  If anyone can get me a referral I will do something special for you.  It will be tailored to you, I might take you to lunch or I might make you something or who knows (requests can be made).

I want to work.  I want to create art and collaborate and have people see it.

So I'm going to do it.  And yes, I did just quote William Gibson.  Because he's really cool.  And I'm a big nerd.

2 comments: