Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nothing New: the bike post

What is up my 9 followers?  You are some of my favorite people on the internet, just sayin.

I have to go imagine some things for acting class tonight, so I'll keep this brief.  I just wanted to let you know how Nothing New is going:

GREAT.  Yeah, so that bike that my neighbor gave me is sweet.  The guys at the Bicycle Kitchen were really helpful.  For $22 dollars they showed me how to change the tires, hooked me up with a couple of used tires in good condition, straightened the rims and oiled the chain.  Go there.  I will definitely be back.  And then yesterday I went for a ride in Griffith Park.  It was kind of an ambitious ride, but I saw so much of the park, it's definitely the way to experience Griffith.

I'm really jazzed about biking; I'm so tired of my car.  But now I need a lock and a helmet.  The lock I will definitely be purchasing used.  If anyone has one let me know.  As for the helmet, if I can find a pre-owned but not really used one that would be ideal.  However, if necessary I will buy a new one.  I know it's not really that cool to where a helmet, but let's face it, I have a history of accidents.

Also, you'll be interested to know that I purchased remanufactured ink cartridges for my printer.  They've always been wonderful in the past, this time I had the misfortune to be sent an empty black cartridge, but hopefully they'll replace it.  And I can send my old ones back to be reused.  Hurrah!

As for that other thing...  Nothing to report, let's just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment