Friday, April 1, 2011

The New Pad!

         A number of people have asked to see pictures of my new apartment.  So I, always the people pleaser, hereby oblige. 
       
          My modest dining area came together really nicely.  It's one of my favorite spots, aesthetically, and I would say it's probably the one "room" that I consider finished.  Everything else is more or less a work in progress.  Like me.
     

 


Not that I meant to be so blunt about it, but those lanterns stacked in the corner are one of the things I still have to take care of in the apartment.  But I found that funky frame at Out of the Closet and lugged it home (it must weigh 10 lbs).  A perfect fit for previously homeless print.  My formerly messy (and hairy-thank you Zaphod) stacks of books have found more order than in the old place. 





              This would be the living room.  I do a lot of my living here I guess.  I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm a super neat person, but I do like things to be put away.  Everything has been so chaotic lately though, that I feel the need to keep my pad tidy (I'll have to come up with something better than "my pad").  Also, at this point I have no one else to blame if things are a mess.  Of course Kitty makes messes, but he takes no responsibility for them.  So lazy.
This is the view from the hall, just so you can get an idea of the layout.  It's 90 degrees right now, and I don't have a/c, so I'm sure I'll have the doors open a lot.  The good thing is I love the sound of traffic.




      Finally this is my bedroom.  It's dominated by the bed.  Again.  Not much to see there.  What is really important, I think, is the view.
Admittedly the sight of the roof is not spectacular, but it's the mountains and the trees that I'm excited about.  Remember that my last apartment had a lovely view of the 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment