Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reflection

Wow.  Just finished the second incarnation of Theatre Tribe's 24 Hour Play Festival.  It couldn't be more different from my first experience with this animal in college.  And it was also totally different from when I did it in February.

I am also about to step in to a one act play with some people I don't know very well.  I was totally flattered to be asked, and I said yes although it made things kind of hectic with work.  But then I was trying to arrange rehearsal with the person I am playing across from, but got a completely hostile response from him.

I wonder some times if I get so wrapped up in what's going on with myself that I am not open to what's going on with the people around me.  I try to be giving to my friends and collaborators, but I fear that I am also terribly selfish with them at times.  Not "what can I give you" but "what do you have to offer me"? 

There is so much going on around me and in me.  Lots of theatre and projects, and I have a lot of ideas!  And I love that, and I feel like I need to say yes and yes and yes.  Immerse myself in work.  But then it's also confusing because how do you balance your personal life with your work?  And should there be a balance?  Should your personal life be in there?  But you need to be there for the people around you...  I guess this is my journey.  This is where I am.  And right now there is a cat pawing at me.  I guess he needs me to stop indulging myself and pay attention to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment