Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Clowning around

A couple of years ago my Locke took a few photos of me wearing this clown nose.  He gave me a sweater to hold as a prop, had me face the wall for a moment, and started shooting when I turned around.  This was the middle of a several year period during which he took photos of everyone who came over, all wearing the nose.  Now he's having an art show. It opens on Friday, and I'm really honored to be a part of it.

Putting on that nose transported me to the summer of 2004, when I was working with a theatre company 30 hours a week, doing physical theatre, viewpoints, and a lot of mask work.  I love the physical transformation you go through-if you're open to it, when you put on a costume or an outrageous outfit.  Or even something as simple as holding a sweater and wearing a nose.

And I also love seeing my friend take this random thing he did and turn it in to a public event.  I love seeing him follow through on something he has been doing for years.  And I love that I was able to participate, along with countless other of his friends.  Very proud of you, friend.

Please check out Locke's work.  Please go see his art show.  I will be at the opening on Friday (after work, of course), but it runs for two weeks.  Don't be square.  And besides, going to look at photos in an art gallery is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment