Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nothing New Photo Shoot

I promised photos of the used items I've acquired recently, and here they are.  Casey Gates graciously allowed me to use her photographic skills for an hour or so last night...

This might be a good time for me to mention that if you were planning to buy me a birthday or Christmas gift (yeah, my birthday is in less than a week, I'm a little late to the game here) I would prefer if it were used, just to keep up with my project.  I'm not expecting any of you to buy me anything (clearly I acquire enough on my own), but I just wanted to throw that out there.

These items were acquired at favorite thrift stores, a clothing swap with my girlfriends, from a couple of friends who moved out of town and purged all their stuff.  Some items were found and others were given to me by people who no longer wanted them.  Check back in the next couple weeks for my shopping guide! Enjoy.



Earrings: one of my regulars at work (they're "too young" for her)
Scarf: Lost and Found (is it yours?)
Shirt: Sharon Combs, moving purge
Undershirt: Sharon Combs, moving purge
Skirt: Aubree Bowen, The Swap
Tights: Garage Sale (they were in excellent condition, and of course I washed them)
Shoes: Crossroads Trading Company
Print: Out of the Closet (I talked them down from $15 to $5.  I didn't $15 like it)
Toothbrush: Obviously I'm not going to buy a used toothbrush.  Besides, I already blogged about it.

Earrings: my manager at work, pregnancy purge
Necklace: Out of the Closet (still had the tags on)
Sweater: Nicole Brock, The Swap
Jeans: Casey Gates, The Swap
Flipflops: Casey Gates, The Swap
Book: Garage Sale
Chair: Neil Stevens, moving purge
Japanese Lady Poster: curbside find
Zaphod: "Free Kittens" sign at the Jackson Hole library

Hair ornament: manager at work, pregnancy purge (originally meant as a pin)
Glasses: Tin Box Boutique
Scarf: my Mom's neighbor
Shirt: Sharon Combs, moving purge
Undershirt: Casey Gates, The Swap
Leggings: Crossroads Trading Company
Coach Bag: Ashley Garland, from the goodness of her heart
Table: Neil Stevens, moving purge
Rolling Chair: Neil Stevens, moving purge

I guess you could say I'm anti-consumerism, but I certainly still have materialist tendencies... :/

2 comments: